Module 6 – Coding Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) Diseases with ICD-10-AM/ACHI
The Aim Of This Module
- Introduce the contents of Chapter 8 Diseases of the ear and mastoid process and Chapter 10 Diseases of the respiratory system of ICD‑10‑AM Tabular List.
- Introduce the content of Chapter 2 Neoplasms of ICD-10-AM in as much as it relates to diseases of the Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) system.
- Introduce medical terms, structures and abbreviations relating to the ENT system.
- Explain how ENT diseases and procedures are coded.
- Explain how neoplasms are coded.
- Provide practice exercises in coding from Chapters 2, 8 and 10 of ICD-10-AM
The Objective Of This Module
- Code records of patients being investigated or treated for diseases and disorders of the ENT system in a Day Surgery Setting.
- Recognise and apply medical terms when coding the conditions and procedures of the ENT system.
- Apply relevant Australian Coding Standards to the coding of conditions classified in Chapters 2, 8 and 10 of ICD-10-AM.
Students must successfully complete the compulsory Modules 1-5 before proceeding with this module.