Module 7 – Coding Digestive Diseases with ICD-10-AM/ACHI
The Aim Of This Module
- Introduce the content of Chapter 11 Diseases of the Digestive System of the ICD‑10‑AM Tabular List.
- Introduce Chapter 2 Neoplasms of ICD-10-AM in as much as it relates to diseases of the digestive system.
- Introduce medical terms, structures and abbreviations relating to the digestive system.
- Explain how diseases and conditions of the digestive system are coded.
- Explain how neoplasms are coded.
- Provide practice exercises in coding from Chapter 11 and Chapter 2 of ICD-10-AM.
The Objective Of This Module
- Code records of patients being investigated or treated for diseases and disorders of the digestive system in a Day Surgery setting.
- Recognise and apply medical terms when coding the conditions and procedures of the digestive system.
- Apply relevant Australian Coding Standards to the coding of conditions classified in Chapter 11 and Chapter 2 of ICD-10-AM.
Students must successfully complete the compulsory Modules 1-5 before proceeding with this module.