Module 12 – Coding Circulatory System Diseases with ICD-10-AM/ACHI
The Aim Of This Module
- Introduce the contents of Chapter 9 Diseases of the Circulatory System of the ICD-10-AM Tabular List.
- Introduce medical terms, structures and abbreviations relating to the circulatory system.
- Explain how diseases of the circulatory system are coded.
- Provide practice exercises in coding from Chapter 9 of ICD-10-AM.
The Objective Of This Module
- Code records of patients being investigated or treated for diseases and disorders of the circulatory system.
- Recognise and apply medical terms when coding the conditions and procedures in the circulatory system.
- Apply relevant Australian Coding Standards to the coding of conditions classified in Chapter 9 of ICD-10-AM.
Students must successfully complete the compulsory Modules 1-5 before proceeding with this module.