Module 8 – Coding Dental Diseases with ICD-10-AM/ACHI
The Aim Of This Module
- Introduce the contents of Chapter 11 Diseases of the Digestive System of the ICD-10-AM Tabular List.
- Explain how dental diseases are classified.
- Introduce medical terms, structures and abbreviations relating to the dental and oral system.
- Provide practice exercises in coding from Chapter 11 of ICD-10-AM.
The Objective Of This Module
- Code records of patients being investigated or treated for diseases and disorders of dental conditions in a Day Surgery setting.
- Recognise and apply medical terms when coding the dental conditions and procedures.
- Apply relevant Australian Coding Standards to the coding of conditions classified in Chapter 11 of ICD-10-AM.
Students must successfully complete the compulsory Modules 1-5 before proceeding with this module.