Module 14 – Coding Eye Diseases with ICD-10-AM/ACHI
The Aim Of This Module
- Introduce the content of Chapter 7 Diseases of the Eye and Adnexa of ICD-10-AM Tabular List.
- Introduce the content of Chapter 2 Neoplasms of ICD-10-AM in as much as it relates to diseases of the eye and adnexa.
- Introduce medical terms, structures and abbreviations relating to the eye and sense of vision.
- Explain how eye diseases and conditions are coded.
- Explain how neoplasms are coded.
- Provide practice exercises in coding from Chapter 7 of ICD-10-AM.
The Objective Of This Module
- Code records of patients being investigated or treated for diseases and disorders of the eye and adnexa.
- Recognise and apply medical terms when coding diseases and procedures relating to the eye and sense of vision.
- Apply relevant Australian Coding Standards to the coding of conditions classified in Chapter 7 and Chapter 2 of ICD-10-AM.
Students must successfully complete the compulsory Modules 1-5 before proceeding with this module.