Module 9 – Coding Skin, Subcutaneous Tissue and Cosmetics with ICD-10-AM/ACHI
The Aim Of This Module
- Introduce the contents of Chapter 12 Diseases of the Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue of ICD-10-AM – 121th Edition.
- Introduce the content of Chapter 2 Neoplasms in as much as it relates to diseases of the skin and subcutaneous tissue.
- Introduce medical terms, structures and abbreviations relating to the skin and subcutaneous tissue.
- Explain how diseases and conditions of the skin and subcutaneous tissue are coded.
- Explain how to code neoplasms.
- Provide practice in coding from Chapter 2 and Chapter 12 of ICD-10-AM.
The Objective Of This Module
- Code records of patients being investigated or treated for diseases and disorders of the skin and subcutaneous tissue in a Day Surgery setting.
- Recognise and apply medical terms when coding skin and subcutaneous tissue conditions and procedures.
- Apply relevant Australian Coding Standards to the coding of conditions classified in Chapter 2 and Chapter 12 of ICD-10-AM.
Students must successfully complete the compulsory Modules 1-5 before proceeding with this module.