Module 11 – Coding IVF & Diseases of The Genitourinary System with ICD-10-AM/ACHI
The Aim Of This Module
- Introduce the contents of Chapter 14 Diseases of the Genitourinary System of the ICD-10-AM Tabular List.
- Introduce the content of Chapter 2 Neoplasms of ICD-10-AM in as much as it relates to diseases of the genitourinary system.
- Introduce medical terms, structures and abbreviations relating to the genitourinary system and in-vitro fertilisation (IVF).
- Explain how genitourinary system diseases and IVF conditions are coded.
- Explain how neoplasms are coded.
- Provide practice exercises in coding from Chapter 14 and Chapter 2 of ICD-10-AM.
The Objective Of This Module
- Code records of patients being investigated or treated for diseases and disorders of the genitourinary system and IVF.
- Recognise and apply medical terms when coding the conditions and procedures of the genitourinary system and IVF.
- Apply relevant Australian Coding Standards to the coding of conditions classified in Chapters 14 and 2 of ICD-10-AM.
Students must successfully complete the compulsory Modules 1-5 before proceeding with this module.