Module 10 – Coding Musculoskeletal Diseases with ICD-10-AM/ACHI
The Aim Of This Module
- Introduce the content of Chapter 13 Diseases of the musculoskeletal system and connective tissue of the ICD-10-AM Tabular List.
- Introduce Chapter 2 Neoplasms of ICD-10-AM in as much as it relates to diseases of the musculoskeletal system and connective tissue.
- Introduce medical terms, structures and abbreviations relating to the musculoskeletal system and connective tissue.
- Explain how musculoskeletal diseases and conditions are coded.
- Explain how neoplasms are coded.
- Provide practice exercises in coding from Chapter 13 and Chapter 2 of ICD-10-AM.
The Objective Of This Module
- Code records of patients being investigated or treated for diseases and disorders of the musculoskeletal system in a Day Surgery Setting.
- Recognise and apply medical terms when coding the conditions and procedures of the musculoskeletal system.
- Apply relevant Australian Coding Standards to the coding of conditions classified in Chapter 2 and Chapter 13 of ICD-10-AM
Students must successfully complete the compulsory Modules 1-5 before proceeding with this module.